Israeli Sweet Sour Salad
|Golden raisins||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar/Wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a bowl, put the raisins.
2) Cover them with warm water and leave to soak.
3) Peel carrots and in a serving dish, grate them.
4) Peel avocados and remove seeds.
5) Squeeze juice from two of the oranges and mix well.
6) Peel remaining oranges and separate into sections.
7) Cut th avocado flesh into chunks and sprinkle lemon juice over it.
8) Drain raisins and add to serving dish with oranges and avocados.
9) In a small bowl, beat the oil and vinegar with a pinch each of salt, pepper and ground ginger.
10) Pour dressing over salad and toss.
11) Chill for 15 minutes before serving.
12) Serve the sweet and sour salad as a side dish in your dinner meal.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1665 Calories from Fat 941
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 110 g169%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 348.1 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 181 g60.5%
Dietary Fiber 58 g232%
Sugars 101 g
Protein 19 g37%
Vitamin A 1556.7% Vitamin C 617.2%
Calcium 49.6% Iron 28.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet