Jerusalem Artichoke and Smoked Oyster Soup
|Jerusalem artichokes||2 Pound, peeled well and chopped (900 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Canned smoked oysters in oil||4 Ounce (105 Gram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Garlic clove||2 Large, peeled|
|Milk||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (Little Required)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) In a saucepan, put the chopped jerusalem artichokes and add water just enough to cover them.
2) Now add the lemon juice, the oil from the tin of oysters, the butter and the garlic cloves.
3) Reduce to a simmer gradually until the artichoke pieces are just cooked through.
4) Liquidise and then strain all these ingredients, together along with the cooking water.
5) Taste and add seasoning if needed and adjust the consistency, if required ,with a little milk.
6) Whisk the cream and chop the smoked oysters.
7) Now add the oysters to the cream, together with as much chopped parsley as you wish.
8) Ladle the soup portioned with 'islands' of this mixture spooned into the centre of each bowl.
Calories 407 Calories from Fat 209
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30 mg10%
Sodium 202.3 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 22 g
Protein 9 g17%
Vitamin A 12.4% Vitamin C 27.2%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 54.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet