|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs), powdered|
|For decorator frosting|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), powdered|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, softened|
|Blue food color||3 Drop|
1) Preheat oven to 375°F.
2) In large bowl, add 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar and 1 cup butter. Beat until light and fluffy. 3) Mix 1 teaspoon vanilla and egg. Mix well.
4) Add flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Combine together.
5) Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6) Lightly flour a flat surface and roll out 1/3 dough with floured rolling pin to 1/8-inch thickness. Keep remaining dough refrigerated.
7) Lightly flour 2- to 2 1/2-inch cookie cutters and cut the dough.
8) On ungreased cookie sheets arrange it 1 inch apart.
9) Bake for 6 to 9 minutes.
10) Immediately remove from cookie sheets and cool completely.
11) In a small bowl mix glaze ingredients and blend until smooth.
12) Add 2 tablespoons milk for thin spreading consistency.
13) Brush glaze over cookies.
14) Let the glaze set before decorating.
15) In a small bowl mix all decorator frosting ingredients.
16) Add enough milk for desired piping consistency.
17) Fill decorating bag fitted with writing tip or in small resealable freezer plastic bag with one corner snipped off to make a very small hole for piping.
18) Decorate cookies as desired.
Calories 362 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.3%
Saturated Fat 0.64 g3.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.1 mg7.7%
Sodium 146 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g28.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.84 g3.4%
Sugars 60.3 g
Protein 4 g7.9%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.2% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet