|Corn oil margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Self rising cake flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Lekvar/Apple butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Grease a cookie sheet.
2) Lightly beat the eggs, then beat in the margarine, sugar, and orange rind.
3) Continue beating till the mix is fluffy and thick.
4) Gently stir in the flour.
5) Refrigerate till firm.
6) Divide the dough into quarters.
7) Flour a board or cloth.
8) Place the dough on this and roll out to 1/4-inch thickness.
9) Cut into 3-inch circles and arrange on the cookie sheet.
10) Into the center of each, add 1 tablespoon lekvar or apple butter.
11) Form tricorns, bringing up the edges of the dough to almost the center and making three seams.
12) Keeping some of the filling visible, tightly pinch together the seams.
13) Place in the oven at 350° F and bake for about 20 minutes till golden brown.
14) Serve as a snack.
Calories 230 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.6%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.6%
Trans Fat 1.8 g
Cholesterol 38.5 mg12.8%
Sodium 457 mg19%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet