Jewish Cabbage Rolls
|Cabbage leaves||12 Large|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Uncooked rice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a large pot of boiling water, submerge the cabbage leaves and cook for about 3 min; drain well.
2) In a large bowl, mix the egg, milk, onion, salt, pepper, beef and rice; in the center of each cabbage leaf place about 3 tbsp of the meat mixture, fold and roll the ends over the meat mixture; place gently in the slow cooker.
3) In a small bowl, add the tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce; mix well.
4) Pour the sauce over the cabbage rolls in the cooker; cook covered on LOW for about 6-7 hrs.
5) Top with the sauce and serve immediately on a nice dish.