Jewish Eggs And Peas
|Green peas||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper salt||To Taste|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Take a shallow, flameproof casserole to cook the dish.
2. Shell the peas and cook them in casserole with ¼ cup water, spices, oil, ½ tsp salt, and twists of freshly ground pepper. The peas should measure about 3-4 cups after shelling. The peas should be simmered after closing the pan with lid. After about 8 minutes of cooking when the peas are half-cooked then check the seasoning and correct it if required.
3. When done take out from heat and using large spoon create six depressions in the cooked peas.
4. Break 6 of eggs into a saucer and slip it spoon it to each depression.
5. Reheat the casserole and cook it for another 8-10 minutes by closing the lid until the whites get set.
6. Whisk the remaining eggs with cream.
7. Spoon this creamy mixture over the cooked eggs and place the dish beneath a hot broiler for another 2-3 minutes for the eggs to get set.
8. Serve the Jewish eggs and peas with crusty bread and butter.