Fluffy Matzo Balls
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Matzo meal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Beat egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
2. Beat yolks until thick and lemon-colored. Add salt and pepper.
3. Using rubber spatula, gently fold egg whites into egg yolks. Add matzo meal gradually. Mix well. Chill dough 5 or 10 minutes.
4. Wet hands with cold water and shape dough into balls, allowing 1 tablespoon per ball.
5. Drop balls, one at a time, into large pot of rapidly boiling water to which 1 tablespoon salt has been added. (Matzo balls puff greatly in size.)
6. Cover; cook about 25 minutes.