Peppy Pepper Jelly
|Red peppers||6 Large, seeded, coarsely chopped|
|Canned chopped jalapeno peppers||4 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Cider vinegar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Apple juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fruit pectin||3 1⁄2 Ounce (2 packages, 1 3/4-ounce each, Dry)|
|Sugar||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
1. In container of electric blender, combine half each of the red peppers, jalapeno peppers and vinegar; process until pureed.
2. Do the same with remaining peppers and vinegar; mix in apple juice.
3. Transfer to a container. Cover and let stand 8 hours or overnight.
4. Through a jelly bag or 4 layers of cheesecloth, strain pureed mixture reserving 4 cups juice. Throw away the pulp.
5. In a large Dutch oven,mix prepared juice, salt, and pectin; bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly.
6. Put in sugar all at once; stir well and return to a rolling boil.
7. Continue boiling for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
8. Take away from heat, and skim off foam with a metal spoon.
9. Immediately, pour the jelly into sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch head space; cover at once with metal lids, and screw bands tight.
10. Process in boiling-water bath for 5 minutes.
11. Use as needed.