Winter Apple Jelly
|Apple juice||1 Quart (bottled or canned)|
|Red food color||5 Drop (approximately)|
|Powdered fruit pectin||1 3⁄4 Ounce (1 package)|
|Sugar||5 1⁄2 Cup (88 tbs)|
1. In a large saucepan, mix together juice, color and pectin; bring to a full boil.
2. Stir in sugar and bring the mixture back to boiling; constantly stir and boil for 2 minutes.
3. Remove pan from heat and skim.
4. Into sterilized hot jars, pour mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
5. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
6. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for about 5 minutes; start noting processing time after water in the canner returns to boiling.
7. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
8. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
9. Alternately, hot mixture can be poured into sterilized jelly glasses leaving ½ inch on top.
10. Immediately pour melted paraffin to cover 1/8 inch of bottle.
11. Serve Winter Apple Jelly with breakfast.