Spiced Grape Jelly
|Concord grapes||3 Pound|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Liquid pectin||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a saucepan, cook the grapes, cloves, cinnamon and vinegar together.
2) After the juice forms, boil only for 5 to 10 minutes.
3) Strain the juice with a milk filter pad in a wire strainer to get 4 1/2 cups juice.
4) Return the juice into the saucepan and stir in sugar.
5) Stir continuously and boil rapidly to jelling stage, 219° to 221°F on the candy thermometer.
6) Stir in the pectin, stir continuously and boil hard for 30 seconds.
7) Skim, laddle the 6 oz jelly immediately into hot, sterilized glasses and
9) Use the Spiced Grape Jelly as required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7192 Calories from Fat 19
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.6%
Saturated Fat 0.77 g3.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 35.3 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 1857 g619%
Dietary Fiber 20.3 g81.4%
Sugars 1809.5 g
Protein 10 g20.7%
Vitamin A 18.6% Vitamin C 246.6%
Calcium 26.2% Iron 33.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet