|Red plums||4 Pound|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||6 1⁄2 Cup (104 tbs)|
|Liquid fruit pectin||3 Ounce (1/2 Bottle)|
1. Wash plums.
2. In a large saucepan, cook plums in water until they are soft.
3. Using a jelly bag, extract juice; should be 4 cups.
4. Into a large saucepan, put together juice; heat with constant stirring until the mixture begins to boil.
5. Stir in pectin and bring to a rolling boil; stir constantly and boil over high heat for 1 minute.
6. Remove pan from heat and skim.
7. Into sterilized hot jars, pour mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
8. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
9. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for about 5 minutes; start noting processing time after water in the canner returns to boiling.
10. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
11. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
12. Alternately, hot mixture can be poured into sterilized jelly glasses leaving ½ inch on top.
13. Immediately pour melted paraffin to cover 1/8 inch of bottle.
14. Use plum jelly to decorate food for kids.