|Red plums||4 Pound|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||6 1⁄2 Cup (104 tbs)|
|Liquid fruit pectin||3 Ounce (1/2 Bottle)|
1. Wash plums.
2. In a large saucepan, cook plums in water until they are soft.
3. Using a jelly bag, extract juice; should be 4 cups.
4. Into a large saucepan, put together juice; heat with constant stirring until the mixture begins to boil.
5. Stir in pectin and bring to a rolling boil; stir constantly and boil over high heat for 1 minute.
6. Remove pan from heat and skim.
7. Into sterilized hot jars, pour mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
8. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
9. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for about 5 minutes; start noting processing time after water in the canner returns to boiling.
10. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
11. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
12. Alternately, hot mixture can be poured into sterilized jelly glasses leaving ½ inch on top.
13. Immediately pour melted paraffin to cover 1/8 inch of bottle.
14. Use plum jelly to decorate food for kids.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5874 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.8%
Saturated Fat 0.31 g1.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0 mg
Total Carbohydrates 1509 g502.9%
Dietary Fiber 27.2 g108.8%
Sugars 1478.8 g
Protein 13 g25.4%
Vitamin A 125.2% Vitamin C 287.2%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet