|Red raspberries||1 1⁄2 Quart|
|Powdered fruit pectin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Sugar||5 1⁄2 Cup (88 tbs)|
1. Crush berries completely and using a jelly bag, extract juice; should be 4 cups.
2. In a large saucepan, mix juice and pectin; heat until mixture begins to boil.
3. Stir in sugar and bring mixture to rolling boil; stir constantly and boil for 1 minute.
4. Remove pan from heat and skim.
5. Into hot sterilized jars, pour mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
6. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
7. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for about 5 minutes; start noting processing time after water in the canner returns to boiling.
8. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
9. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
10. Alternately, hot mixture can be poured into sterilized jelly glasses leaving ½ inch on top.
11. Immediately pour melted paraffin to cover 1/8 inch of bottle.
12. Serve Ruby Jelly over poached pears.