Tart Cherry Jelly
|Sugar||4 3⁄4 Cup (76 tbs)|
|Fresh cherry juice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Powdered fruit pectin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan, mix together sugar and 1 1/4 c cherry juice; stir well.
2. In another large saucepan, gradually add pectin to water; heat almost to boiling state with constant stirring.
3. Mix hot pectin and remaining cherry juice; stir to dissolve pectin completely.
4. Let the pectin mixture stand for 15 minutes; stir occasionally.
5. Add juice sugar mixture to the pectin mixture and stir to dissolve sugar.
6. Into sterilized glass jar, pour the mixture and cover lightly with lids.
7. Let the containers stand at room temperature for 6 hours to over a night to set.
8. Freeze or refrigerate.
9. Serve Tart Cherry Jelly with bread or toasts.