Tart Cherry Jelly
|Sugar||4 3⁄4 Cup (76 tbs)|
|Fresh cherry juice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Powdered fruit pectin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan, mix together sugar and 1 1/4 c cherry juice; stir well.
2. In another large saucepan, gradually add pectin to water; heat almost to boiling state with constant stirring.
3. Mix hot pectin and remaining cherry juice; stir to dissolve pectin completely.
4. Let the pectin mixture stand for 15 minutes; stir occasionally.
5. Add juice sugar mixture to the pectin mixture and stir to dissolve sugar.
6. Into sterilized glass jar, pour the mixture and cover lightly with lids.
7. Let the containers stand at room temperature for 6 hours to over a night to set.
8. Freeze or refrigerate.
9. Serve Tart Cherry Jelly with bread or toasts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4108 Calories from Fat 19
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.5%
Saturated Fat 0.5 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 190.4 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 1059 g353%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.4%
Sugars 979.5 g
Protein 3 g5.9%
Vitamin A 68.8% Vitamin C 18001.1%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 32.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet