Tangy Cucumber Jelly
|Gelatin envelope||1⁄4 Ounce (1 envelope)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Artificial sweetener||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lime juice/Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green food color||4 Drop|
|Cucumber||1 Medium, peeled, grated and drained|
|Prepared horseradish||3 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crisp lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs), tore in pieces|
|Pimiento strips||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a saucepan, soak the gelatine in cold water until softened.
2) Heat the gelatine mixture to simmer and stir until gelatine dissolves.
3) Add in sweetener, lime juice and colouring.
4) Pour the gelatine mixture in a bowl and cover.
5) Place the gelatine mixture in refrigerator, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened.
6) In a blender, place together gelatine mixture, cucumber, horseradish and buttermilk.
7) Process the gelatine mixture until fluffy.
8) Spoon the gelatine mixture in 4 moulds and place in refrigerator until chilled.
9) Unmould and serve over a small mixed salad if desired.