Orange Cranberry Jelly
|Sugar||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Fresh orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cranberry juice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Liquid pectin||6 Ounce (1 Bottle)|
|Red food color||6 Drop|
1. Prepare 8 jelly glasses that have an 8-ounce capacity by dipping them in hot water. Leave them there till required
2. Remove the peel from each orange in a long strip
3. In another heavy saucepan, tip in the orange peel, sugar, orange juice and lemon juice and bring to the boil. Stir this mix constantly to ensure that the peel is soft and is not sticking to the pan. Turn off the heat and let it stand for 30 minutes
4. Add cranberry juice to the pan and heat over high heat till the sugar is dissolved and the mixture reaches a full boil.
5. Add the pectin to the pan and stir well and bring to a full boil again. Boil for one minute while stirring constantly. Remove the pan from heat.
6. In a strainer, arrange the orange peel and use a wooden spoon to press out the juice from the peel. Discard the peel
7. Skim off any foam from the liquid and stir in the food color into the juice.
8. Ladle the jelly into the sterilized jelly glasses and immediately cover with 1/8 inch hot paraffin. Let it cool and then cover with lids
9. Cool and serve cold