Fruit Jelly Madeleine
|Lemon jelly||1 1⁄4 Pint|
|Fresh fruits||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Black Grapes, Oranges, Or Pineapple)|
|For vanilla cream:|
|Caster sugar||12 Milliliter (1 Dessertspoon)|
|Vanilla essence||3 Drop|
|Double cream||3 3⁄4 Fluid Ounce, lightly whipped|
1) In a tin or bowl, add enough cold jelly to cover the base by 1/4-1/2 inch.
2) On this, place the fruit and set with a little jelly.
3) For the vanilla cream, in a bowl, add yolks and sugar and beat well.
4) In a saucepan, scald the milk and add to the eggs.
5) Transfer back to the saucepan and gently thicken without allowing to boil.
6) Soften the gelatin with water and place over gentle heat to dissolve.
7) Mix in with the custard and flavor with a few drops of vanilla. Cool.
8) When the custard almost sets, gently fold in the whipped cream.
9) Carefully pour the mix over the jellied fruit and set.
10) If fruit is leftover, add to remaining jelly and top in the tin or bowl.
11) Set for 1-2 hours.
12) Turn out onto a serving dish and garnish all around with chopped jelly.