Mint Apple Jelly
|Cooking apples||12 Medium|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Mint extract/Mint and peppermint extract - 1 teaspoon||1 Teaspoon|
|Green food color||3 Drop|
1) Wash apples and quarter them. Discard stem and blossom ends.
2) In a large saucepan add the apples and enough water to cover.
3) Cover and cook for 20 minutes until done.
4) In a jelly bag or 4 thicknesses of cheesecloth transfer apples along with juice.
5) Let the juice drain from the bag. Do not squeeze bag.
6) In a saucepan mix 4 cups of the juice with sugar. Boil fast at 220°F to 222°F to jellying point.
7) Stir in extract and food color. Take off from heat.
8) Seal immediately.
9) Serve as desired.
10) Pass it with lamb.