Apple And Rose Geranium Jelly
|Apple||2 Pound (Tart-Flavored Eating Variety, 900 Gram, Such As Granny Smith)|
|Rose scented geranium leaves/Other||8 (Use Fresh Ones)|
|Water||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Granulated sugar||9 Ounce (250 Gram)|
1. Quarter the apples
2. In a medium heatproof bowl, tip in the quartered apples.
3. Add the geranium leaves to the medium heatproof bowl
4. Add water
5. Cover with the clingfilm and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes
6. The fruit mixture will be quite hot. Remove it from the oven and stir it twice during the cooking process
7. Puree the cooked apples with their liquid in the blender or food processor
8. Set up a fine sieve and tip the apple puree in to it.
9. Let the puree drip undisturbed for about 1-1/2 hours or till all the liquid has drained out of it.
10. Set the fruit pulp aside for use in other recipes and reserve the liquid
11. Prepare sterilized jars for the mixture
12. In a large bowl, tip in the strained apple juice
13. Measure the liquid till you have about 100 ml (4 fl oz), to 300 ml (1/2 pint) of the juice. Add water if required to make the amount.
14. Add the sugar to the bowl
15. Place the bowl in the microwave and heat on HIGH For 10-12 minutes while stirring occasionally
16. The mixture is done when a teaspoonful of the hot mixture dropped on to a cold saucer forms a skin on the surface within a minute. This indicates that the mixture will set in the jars too.
17. Tip the mixture into the prepared canning jars
18. Cover with a waxed disc
19. Seal with greaseproof paper
21. Store in a cold, cool dark place
22. Serve as-is when required