Plum and Wine Jelly
|Castor sugar||8 Tablespoon|
|Gelatin||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon, dissolved in 200 ml water|
|Red wine||400 Milliliter (Use One Of Good Quality)|
1. Using a small paring knife stone the plums.
2. Collect the flesh of the plums in a food processor jar.
3. Pulse the plums in short bursts and blend into a puree.
4. Strain the puree through a fine mesh nylon strainer into a glass or stainless steel bowl.
5. To the plum puree, add sugar and salt and stir until well dissolved.
6. To the puree add the dissolved gelatine and stir in the red wine.
7. Place the bowl in a basin fill with ice and allow the liquid to semi-set over the ice.
8. Using a metal spoon, stir the jelly mixture every 5 minutes to keep the gelatin evenly distributed and prevent it from settling to the bottom.
9. When the jelly liquid is thick and semi set, spoon the jelly into sorbet glasses or glass bowls and cover them with cling film.
10. Place the jelly bowls in the refrigerator until it is set and well chilled.
11. Serve the jelly chilled with a dessert spoon.
Calories 162 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.22 g0.33%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.09%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 44.8 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.2%
Sugars 22.4 g
Protein 6 g12.4%
Vitamin A 5.2% Vitamin C 11.9%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 1.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet