Wine Jelly with Olives and Almonds
|White wine||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Limca/Any lime-based soda||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Gelatin||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, dissolved in 6 tablespoon water|
|Sliced green olives||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Stuffed With Pimento)|
|Blanched almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), peeled slivered|
|Chopped spring onions||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped red bell pepper||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a glass bowl, combine wine, lime soda, lime juice, salt and dissolved gelatine, stirring to mix well.
2. Pour into an ice-cream maker and churn until iced or place the bowl in the refrigerator and chill till semi frozen.
3. Remove from the refrigerator after ever 10 minutes and mix so that the gelatin remains well distributed.
4. Add olives, almonds, onions and peppers to the semi frozen jelly and mix well.
5. Place in the chiller and allow the jelly to set for minimum 2 hours.
6. Immerse lettuce in a bowl of ice cold water for 15 minutes until crisp.
7. Drain, dry and arrange the leaves on a serving platter.
8. On a platter arrange the lettuce leaves.
9. Remove jelly from the refrigerator and unmould onto a wet plate.
10. Slip the jelly on to the lettuce.