Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Sandwiches
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened (1 Stick)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red raspberry jelly||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Smooth peanut butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
2. Add flour, nutmeg, and salt and beat on low speed until dough is smooth, scraping down side of bowl frequently with a rubber spatula. Wrap and refrigerate dough 1 hour, until firm.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Between pieces of wax paper, roll out dough 1/8 inch thick. Cut out cookies with a 2-inch round cutter. Reroll scraps to make additional cookies. If rolled dough is difficult to handle, place in freezer 15 to 20 minutes to firm up.
4. Place cookies 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Let cookies cool 2 minutes on sheets, then remove to racks and let cool completely.
5. Spread flat bottom sides of half of cookies with jelly. Spread flat bottoms of remaining half with peanut butter. Press cookies together to make sandwiches. Store in a tightly covered container.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2538 Calories from Fat 1145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 132 g202.8%
Saturated Fat 66.7 g333.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 455.3 mg151.8%
Sodium 894.6 mg37.3%
Total Carbohydrates 297 g99%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g42.7%
Sugars 86.2 g
Protein 47 g94.6%
Vitamin A 61.6% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 13% Iron 77.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet