|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1 Dash|
|Food coloring||3 Drop (Any Color)|
|Apples||2 (On Sticks)|
|Chopped nuts||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Pour sugar, water, cream of tartar, and food coloring into a heavy saucepan and heat over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
2. Cover and cook about 3 minutes till syrup reaches 300°F.
3. Remove pan from heat and and place over hot water in a double boiler.
4. Quickly dip in apples on sticks.
5. Place the garnish of coconut, sprinkles, or nuts on wax paper and roll the apples in it. Decorate with M & Ms and almonds. Place on a well-buttered surface to harden or on a metal flower holder.