How To Make Shabu-Shabu
|Sliced beef||300 Gram|
|Shungiku||30 Gram, slice|
|Mizuna||30 Gram, chop|
|Welsh onion||30 Gram, slice|
|Shiitake mushrooms||2 Medium, sliced|
|Enoki mushrooms||80 Gram|
|Kudzu kiri||40 Gram (dried kudzu starch noodles)|
|Kombu kelp||30 Gram (2 about 10 X 10 centimeters each)|
|For ponz sauce|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon, divided|
|Lime||1 Medium, juiced (about 3 tablespoons of lime juice)|
|Green onions||2 Large, chop (long)|
|Daikon radish||100 Gram, grated|
|For white sesame sauce|
|White sesame paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||2⁄3 Tablespoon (nam pla)|
|Garlic clove||1⁄2 Medium, mince|
1. In a bowl soak, kombu kelp in water for half an hour.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut the stem shungiku of into 3 inch pieces.
3. Cut the welsh onion diagonally into ¼ inch slices.
4. Cut the mizuna leaves into three equal parts and discard the root part.
5. Cut of the stem of Shitake mushrooms, and cut the cap slightly to make star shape.
6. Cut the enoki mushrooms into bite size pieces and finely chop the green onions and garlic.
7. Finely grate the daikon radish and set aside, cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice.
To make a ponzu sauce
8. In a small bowl, mix together lime juice, radish, green onion and soy sauce.
For sesame sauce
9. In another bowl, mix together soy sauce and white sesame paste, while mixing add fish sauce, vinegar, sugar, water and chopped garlic, set aside.
10. In a pot with boiling water, cook the kuzu noodles for 5 to 6 minutes.
11. After 6 minutes, drain the noodles and soak in cold water. and drain.
12. In an earthen pot over medium heat, put the kombu along with the soaking water, add in sake and salt to make the soup.
13. As soup starts to simmer, remove the kombu leaf, and discard.
14. Using chopsticks, swirl the beef in simmering soup for 10 seconds and dip in ponzu sauce.
15. Put the vegetables and noodles in the soup and cook for ½ a minute.
16. Remove the vegetables and noodles and place 1/2 in ponzu sauce and ½ in sesame sauce.
17. Serve hot.