Grilled Yellow Tail Teriyaki & Pickled Turnip
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Yuzu peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||To Taste|
|Salt water||To Taste|
|Water||200 Milliliter (4/5 U.S. Cup)|
|Kombu kelp||2 Tablespoon|
1. Remove the top of the turnip and remove the skin.
2. Place the turnip between two chopsticks and slice it thinly. This way you can prevent turnip from breaking apart.
3. Rotate the turnip by 90 degrees and you do the same cutting again.
4. Add water and salt to a small plastic bag and shake it to dissolve.
5. Put the turnips in salt water and leave them for about 30 minutes.
6. In another poly bag take vinegar, sugar, sea weed dashi soup and mirin to prepare sweet vinegar sauce.
7. Shake it to dissolve.
8. After 30 minutes, remove the turnip from salt water and squeeze them tight.
9. Soak them in sweet vinegar sauce for 30 more minutes.
10. To make teriyaki sauce for grilled yellowtail, add soy sauce, mirin, sake and sugar and mix them all.
11. Grill the yellowtail in a pan until the surface is golden brown.
12. Flip it over and add teriyaki sauce to the yellowtail.
13. Add little by little.
14. Pour some teriyaki sauce over the surface while cooking on medium heat.
15. Remove the skin of yuzu peel and slice into thin slices.
16. Remove the seeds of red pepper and slice it into thin rings.
17. After 30 minutes, remove the turnip from the bag and place on a plate. Adjust the shape like a chrysanthemum flower.
18. Garnish the turnip with yuzu and red pepper. Place a piece of yellowtail along with the pickled turnip to serve.