Tempura is a Japanese word used to describe foods that have been coated with batter, deep fried in oil, and can be served with one or more sauces. Here is a delicious recipe for shrimp tempura that you can cook up anytime with a fresh batch of shrimps. You can also use this recipe for scallops, prawns and vegetables.
Directions for preparation:
• Prepare the batter by mixing the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt together and whisking it after adding the water.
• Heat the oil in a wok.
• Dip the whole shrimps in the batter and release them in the oil.
• Deep fry till it is golden brown.
• Take them out and drain on a paper towel.
• In a sauce pan add the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, curry powder and coconut milk.
• Set the heat to medium high and stir till they all mix together.
• Turn heat off and let it cool.
• Place the shrimp tempura over a bed of lettuce with the sauce in a bowl.
• Garnish with a wedge of lemon.
Here the chef has prepared Japanese shrimps tempura that is an excellent appetizer with a fantastic taste. This delicious recipe is worth trying for a family get together or on any other special occasion. Serve this shrimps tempura with coconut cream sauce and enjoy!
Shrimps Tempura With Coconut Cream Sauce Recipe Video