Shrimps Tempura With Coconut Cream Sauce
|Rice flour/All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch/Tapioca||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White shrimp||1 Pound (For 50-60 Tempuras)|
|Cooking oil||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Minced ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Coconut milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Tempura is a Japanese word used to describe foods that have been coated with batter, deep fried in oil, and can be served with one or more sauces. Here is a delicious recipe for shrimp tempura that you can cook up anytime with a fresh batch of shrimps. You can also use this recipe for scallops, prawns and vegetables.
Directions for preparation:
• Prepare the batter by mixing the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt together and whisking it after adding the water.
• Heat the oil in a wok.
• Dip the whole shrimps in the batter and release them in the oil.
• Deep fry till it is golden brown.
• Take them out and drain on a paper towel.
• In a sauce pan add the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, curry powder and coconut milk.
• Set the heat to medium high and stir till they all mix together.
• Turn heat off and let it cool.
• Place the shrimp tempura over a bed of lettuce with the sauce in a bowl.
• Garnish with a wedge of lemon.
Calories 2029 Calories from Fat 1731
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 196 g301.3%
Saturated Fat 30.6 g152.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 220 mg73.3%
Sodium 1253.4 mg52.2%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.5%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 28 g55.6%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 4.4%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 23.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet