1. Peel and slice lotus root, shitake mushroom, carrot and snow peas.
2. In a bowl, combine water and vinegar. Dip lotus root in it.
3. In a pot, heat water and plum kelp tea. Add soya sauce, sake, sugar and mirin.
4. Now, Add mushrooms, carrots and lotus roots. Cover the lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Boil eggs in salted water.
6. In a bowl, whisk 2 eggs with salt and pepper.
7. In a pan, heat oil and pour the egg mixture. Cook it on both sides and flip it on the plate. Keep aside.
8. Check the simmering vegetables and add snow peas into it.
9. Drain quail eggs and remove shell.
10. Take out snow peas and slice it.
11. Keep two snow peas and carrot slices aside.
12. Add rice vinegar to the pot.
13. For making sushi rice - in a large pot combine sushi rice and vegetables.
14. Add snow peas to the rice.
15. Add sesame seed to the rice and let it cool.
16. Add sakura denbu to the rice.
17. On a saran wrap, put sushi rice and make a ball.
18. Cut egg sheet into two halves and wrap over sushi rice bowl. This makes kimono for dolls.
19. Fix half a slice of lotus root with a toothpick to make fan.
20. With a tooth pick fix an egg as doll’s head.
21. With seaweed make empress long hair.
22. Make dolls eyes with sesame seeds.
23. Use carrot piece to make lips of doll.
24. Decorate it with carrot slice. Empress doll is ready.
25. For making emperor doll – using snow pea make sword of king and use seaweed to make his crown.