|Prawn||6 (black tiger prawns)|
|Potato starch||1 Tablespoon|
|For the batter|
|Nama panko||80 Gram (moist bread crumbs)|
|For tartar sauce|
|Pickled cucumber||1 Small|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|For side vegetables|
|Cabbage||80 Gram, shredded|
|Lemon wedges||2 Medium|
1. Slice the egg into small pieces with an egg slicer and keep them aside.
2. Slice the onion into small pieces and place into a bowl.
3. Rub the onion with salt and then rinse with cold water.
4. Drain the onion with a strainer and remove the excess water with paper towel. Keep the onion aside.
5. Chop the parsley and pickled cucumber into fine pieces.
6. Shred the cabbage and place it into the water for at least 2-3 minutes.
7. Drain the cabbage and keep it aside.
8. Peel the prawns but leave the last section of the shell above the tail.
9. Add salt, potato starch and water to the prawns.
10. Coat the prawns well and then rinse in the running water to remove the dirt.
11. Remove the excess moisture from the prawns with the paper towel.
12. Cut the tip of the tails and remove the moisture from inside.
13. Make a diagonal cut along the prawns and devein them.
14. For the tartar sauce, take a big bowl and mix onion and chopped egg.
15. Add the chopped parsley and cucumber to the egg.
16. Add mayonnaise and salt to the egg mixture.
17. Pour the lemon juice on the egg mixture.
18. Mix all the ingredients well and the tartar sauce is ready.
19. For preparing the black tiger prawns, sprinkle salt over the prawns.
20. Take a separate bowl and crack an egg.
21. Add water and beat the egg thoroughly.
22. Dip the prawns first into the flour, then into the beaten egg, and finally into the moist breadcrumbs.
23. Take a deep frying pan and heat the oil.
24. Fry the prawns in the heated oil until golden brown. Make sure the temperature of oil is 347 degrees F /75 degrees C.
25. Remove the prawns and place over the paper towel.
26. Place the shredded cabbage on a plate and garnish with parsley, small tomatoes and lemon wedges.
27. Place the fried prawns alongside the tartar sauce and side vegetables and serve the ebi fry hot.
Calories 565 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.4%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 470.6 mg156.9%
Sodium 1245 mg51.9%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.4%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 39 g78.5%
Vitamin A 64.6% Vitamin C 113.6%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet