|For the batter|
|Sparkling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||300 Milliliter|
|Prawns||12 Medium, devein|
|Champignons||4 Medium, slice|
|Carrot||1 Medium, strips|
|Zucchini||2 Medium, strips|
1. Cut the vegetables; mushrooms into slices, carrots in strips 1/10 inch (3 mm) thick and zucchini in half then quarters, scoop the white part and only keep the green ones and cut it in strips.
2. Discard the shell and tail from the prawns and only keep the tail on, remove the intestine with the help of a toothpick, clean and keep aside.
3. Put some ice and water in a large bowl and place another bowl on top, add combine 1 yolk and sparkling water and mix, once done add the flour do not over mix.
4. In a large deep frying pan heat vegetable oil and then coat the prawns in the batter shake off the excess and fry until golden brown, once done remove and let it drain on kitchen paper, fry the vegetables the same way.
5. Serve the tempura hot accompanied by the special sauce.
Finally, do not fry too many pieces at a time in the wok, but just 2 or 3.
The difference between the Japanese and the Chinese batter is that the Japanese batter lightly coats the ingredients, and it's not as thick as the Chinese one.
Calories 473 Calories from Fat 342
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.6%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 146.1 mg48.7%
Sodium 246.9 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 16 g31.8%
Vitamin A 27.8% Vitamin C 13.1%
Calcium 2% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet