Thanksgiving Sweet Potato Mushipan
|Cake flour||100 Gram|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Muscovado sugar||40 Gram (raw black sugar (or substitute regular brown sugar))|
|Sweet potato||70 Gram|
1. Make the ¼ inch slices of sweet potato and further cut into cubes. Place the sweet potato in a bowl of water and allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
2. Place the cup cake liner into each cup cake tin and keep them aside.
3. Start by adding water to the raw brown sugar.
4. Drain the potato with the strainer and place on a paper towel.
5. Remove the excess water from the sweet potato and place on the plate.
6. For the batter for mishpan: In a bowl, mix the cake flour with baking powder, and a little salt in a strainer.
7. Sieve the powders into the bowl.
8. Pour the brown sugar mixture into the cake flour mixture, mixing them continuously.
9. Pour the batter into each cup evenly.
10. Place the sweet potato over each cup and also sprinkle the muscovado sugar at the top.
11. Place the raisins on the top of the brown sugar.
12. Place the cup cake tins on the steamer and cover the steamer with lid.
13. Steam the mushipan on medium heat for about 12 minutes.
14. Place the cup cake tins on the tray.
15. Place the cup cakes on a serving plate and serve immediately.