|Azuki red beans||3 Tablespoon|
|Azuki broth||360 Milliliter (combined with 1.52 cups of water)|
|Black sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon (for garnish)|
1. In a bowl of water, rinse the azuki beans.
2. Place the beans in water and bring it to boil on medium heat. Simmer the beans on low heat so that the skin of beans does not break off.
3. Cover the pan and cook the beans for 20-25 minutes until the beans become soft.
4. Strain the beans in a bowl and allow the azuki broth to cool.
5. Prepare the Mochigome – sweet rice. Rinse the mochigome and place it in a pot.
6. Put the broth in a measuring cup. The broth should be equal in amount to sweet rice. Adjust it by mixing the broth with water.
7. Dissolve the salt in the broth and pour it over the rice in a pot.
8. Place the azuki beans onto the rice.
9. Cover the pot with the lid and start cooking on medium heat for 5 minutes. When it starts boiling, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 12 minutes.
10. Allow the rice to sit for 10 minutes before opening the lid of the pot.
11. Put the rice in a bowl and sprinkle sesame seeds and salt to taste. Serve the dish immediately.
The ratio between the rice and the azuki broth depends on the type of pot you use. If you use a rice cooker, follow the instructions of the product.