|Beef slice||100 Gram, thinly sliced|
|Pork slice||60 Gram, thinly sliced|
|Onion||100 Gram, chopped finely|
|Bread crumbs||3 Tablespoon (use Nama-Panko)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, to taste|
|Tomato ketchup||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon (Japanese Worcestershire Sauce)|
|For coating the menchi katsu|
|Cake flour||100 Milliliter|
|Bread crumbs||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||200 Milliliter (for frying)|
|For menchi katsu sauce|
|Tonkatsu sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Japanese worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato ketchup||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||1 Tablespoon|
|For side vegetables|
|Cabbage leaves||1⁄2 Small, shredded|
|Baby salad greens||1⁄2 Small, chop|
|Tomato||1 Small, cut into wedges|
1. Chop the beef and pork slices into 1 inch pieces. Keep them aside.
2. Place the meat into the food processor and add salt. Sprinkle pepper and nutmeg.
3. Cover the processor with the lid and turn on the food processor for 20 seconds until the meat becomes smooth.
4. In a bowl, empty the meat and add the chopped onion.
5. Add the beaten egg, soft bread crumbs, tomato ketchup, and Japanese Worcestershire sauce.
6. Mix all the ingredients well with the meat and flatten the meat mixture in order to divide into four sections.
7. Shape the meat mixture into ball. Coat the balls with cake flour and place onto the tray.
8. Dust off the excess flour from the meat ball and dip into the beaten egg.
9. Coat the meat ball with beaten egg and then place the ball into the bread crumbs.
10. Cover the meat ball completely with bread crumbs and make an oval shape of the ball.
11. Heat the oil and place the menchi katsu into it. Make sure the oil temperature is 340 degrees or 170 degrees celsius.
12. Gently rotate the katsu with chopstick to make them brown evenly.
13. Fry them for about 6 minutes until they are golden brown.
14. Place the menchi katsu over the cooling rack.
15. For the Katsu sauce: Mix all the ingredients together for the Katsu sauce.
16. Plate the menchi katsu along with the side vegetables. Enjoy the dish with menchi katsu sauce.