Beef Steak Donburi
|For beef steak||100 Gram, cut into two pieces|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||80 Gram, slice|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Eringi mushroom||50 Gram, slice|
|Lettuce leaves||2 , chop into 1/2 inch strips|
|For onion ponzu sauce|
|Onion||3 Tablespoon, grated|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Tablespoon, grated|
|For quick homemade ponzu|
|Soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sour citrus juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dashi powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the rest|
|Steamed rice||400 Gram|
|Watercress/Broccoli sprouts||1 Small (garnishing)|
1. Slice the onion first into ½ inch slices and then slice them into half again.
2. Slice the oyster mushroom into ¼ inch pieces.
3. Chop the lettuce and keep all the vegetables aside.
4. Take olive oil in a pan and stir fry the mushrooms and onion.
5. Sprinkle pinch of salt and pepper over the vegetables.
6. Cook the vegetables fore 2-3 minutes and then place them in a plate.
7. Remove the two slices of steak from the fridge one hour before cooking. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the steak.
8. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
9. Place the steak in a pan with the seasoned side facing down.
10. When the steak is browned, turn the side. When both sides of the steak are browned, remove the steak from the pan and place on a plate.
11. Cover the steak plate with the aluminum foil.
12. For the Ponzu sauce: Remove the remaining oil from the pan and add sake. Add the grated onion.
13. Cook the onion until the pungent aroma softens.
14. Add the citrus based sour juice to the onion, and also add grated garlic, and butter.
15. When the butter is completely melted, pour the sauce in a bowl.
16. Place the lettuce over hot steaming rice and then the stir fried onion and mushrooms up to the edge of the bowl.
17. Remove the aluminum foil from the steak and cut them at an angle. Place the beef steaks over the lettuce.
18. Garnish the dish with watercress.
19. Pour the ponzu sauce over it before serving the dish.