SPAM Pork Tsukune (Japanese Teriyaki Meatballs)
|Mixed vegetable||50 Gram|
|Ground pork||300 Gram|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), grated|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten (Optional)|
|Scallions||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped (for garnish) (Optional)|
1. Dice SPAM into small pieces.
2. In a bowl, mix together ground pork, garlic, ginger, egg white and starch.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until the mixture comes together and sticky.
4. Add mixed vegetables and diced SPAM, and mix well. Roll the mixture into 12 small oval balls.
5. In a frying pan, heat cooking oil, place the meat balls; cook until the surface is lightly golden. Flip them over.
6. In a bowl, add soy sauce and mirin. Stir to mix.
7. Season the meat balls with this sauce and simmer until the sauce thickens and almost dry.
8. Sprinkle chopped scallions and serve with fresh egg yolk sauce (if preferred).