Salmon and Roe Sushi Bowl - Umi no Oyakodon
|Sushi rice||500 Gram, cooked|
|Sushi rice seasoning||1⁄2 Packet|
|Fresh salmon||1 Pound, sliced into 1/4-inch slices (sushi grade fresh salmon)|
|Salmon roe||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Nori sheet||1 Medium, shredded|
|Soy sauce||To Taste|
1. Wash and soak the sushi rice for about 20 minutes. If cooking rice, using a rice cooker, follow the instructions according to the manual. If cooking on the stove top, put the rice in a small saucepan, add water and cook normally.
2. Take a bowl with cooked rice and add the sushi rice seasoning into it and mix well in a slicing motion making sure not to crush the cooked rice. Set this aside and let it cool to room temperature.
3. Very gently slice the sushi grade fresh salmon (sashimi) into 1/4-inch slices.
4. Take a serving bowl and spoon some rice at the bottom of the bowl not packing it too tightly and then start by assembling by arranging the sashimi (fresh raw salmon) on top.
5. Finally crown the sushi with a generous helping of salmon roe.
6. Serve the sushi garnished with shredded nori, soy sauce, and wasabi.
Calories 482 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.5%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 156.9 mg52.3%
Sodium 993.4 mg41.4%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g25.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.18 g0.72%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 26 g52.5%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 0.95%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet