Keith's Turkey Tempura Sushi Rolls
|For sushi rice|
|Sushi rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sake wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Rice wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon|
|Seasoning blend||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Keith's Complete Seasoning)|
|Yellow color||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooked turkey meat||1⁄2 Pound|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Cucumber||1 , sliced|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce, sliced|
|Red bell pepper||1 , sliced|
|Asparagus||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Seasoning blend||1 Tablespoon (Keith's Complete Seasoning)|
|Sushi wrap/Nori sheets||250 Gram (10 sushi wraps)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For tempura batter|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ice water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Peanut oil||4 Cup (64 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Fresh thyme||1 Tablespoon|
|For spicy cilantro mayonnaise|
|Carribean curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh cilantro||2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
1. For making tempura batter - Sift together the dry ingredients and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the egg slightly and mix with the ice water.
3. Stir in the dry ingredients. Stir until mixed; mixture will be slightly lumpy.
4. Prepare rice in a sauce pan by adding all the ingredients and simmering over low heat for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
6. To make the spicy cilantro mayonnaise, blend all the ingredients and chill until ready to serve.
7. On a sushi rolling mat, place sushi wraps, and position rice on wraps leaving about an inch space on one side of the sushi paper.
8. Place turkey meat, scallions, cucumber, cream cheese, red bell pepper, asparagus and sprinkle with Keith's complete seasoning and roll.
9. In a plate take flour and dust rolls with that.
10. To make the tempura batter, Sift together the dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, beat the egg slightly and mix with the ice water. Add a few drops of food coloring, if desired. Stir in the dry ingredients. Stir only until mixed; mixture will be slightly lumpy.
11. Heat peanut oil with bay leaves in a pot.
12. Dip the sushi rolls in the tempura batter and deep fry until it turns golden brown.
13. Slice sushi roll so that each slice is about 1 inch thick. Arrange on plate and garnish with sliced scallions, spicy cilantro mayonnaise, and eel sauce if you like. Enjoy!