Asian Pasta Salad
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fish sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tamari||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Awasezu||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Sambal sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sesame seed||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted, rubbed with garlic|
|Corn starch||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Tomato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
1. Mince garlic and ginger before hand.
2. Use a bowl and pour olive oil and sesame oil in it. Whisk well with a hand whisker.
3. Add Fish sauce and brown sugar to it. Mix well until the brown sugar dissolves completely.
4. Add soy sauce, rice vinegar and lime juice to combine.
5. Now add minced garlic and ginger for the flavor.
6. Add sambal sauce if you like it spicy.
7. Sprinkle sesame seeds to the mixture to bring in some crunchiness.
8. Lastly add the corn starch mixed with warm water to let it thicken.
9. In a pot, cook your noodles as per the instructions on the package.
10. In a bowl place the cooked noodles and add two spoons of the dressing to it. Combine it nicely.
11. Add diced cucumber, tomatoes, red onion and basil to the noodles. Mix well with a fork or your hand.
12. Plate it on a platter and add a dash of cilantro to garnish. You may add your choice of veggies to decorate or drizzle in some extra dressing if you so desire.
Calories 1497 Calories from Fat 790
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g137.7%
Saturated Fat 12 g60%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 70.6 mg23.5%
Sodium 3921.4 mg163.4%
Total Carbohydrates 147 g48.8%
Dietary Fiber 14 g56.1%
Sugars 19.9 g
Protein 31 g62.1%
Vitamin A 293.1% Vitamin C 116.1%
Calcium 96.9% Iron 86.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet