Showing how to make some westernized sushi rolls, such as Philly roll with smoked salmon and Dynamite roll with tempura tiger shrimp. Including tips on what to do and what not to do.
3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or less as needed)
For philly roll
1 , cut into strips
2 , cooked
For dynamite roll
3 , tempura fried
2 , boiled
1⁄4 , peeled and sliced
1. In a saucepan, combine the rice vinegar, sugar and salt. Cook until the sugar dissolves completely.
2. On a flat plate, put the rice and stir in the rice vinegar mixture.
For Philly Roll
3. On a sushi mat, place a ziplock bag. Arrange the rice and place the nori sheet as shown in the video.
4. Now arrange lettuce leaves, salmon, dill and asparagus and roll tightly as shown in the video. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
5. Using a sharp knife, cut even sized pieces from the sushi roll. Wipe your knife with a towel before each cut.
For Dynamite Roll
6. On a sushi mat, place a ziplock bag. Arrange the rice and place the nori sheet as shown in the video.
7. Now place tempura batter fried tiger prawns, okra and avocado on the prepares sushi base.
8. Drizzle with mayonnaise and sprinkle with some chili flakes.
9. Spread tobiko(fish roe) evenly on top of the sushi roll.
10. Using a sharp knife, cut even sized pieces from the sushi roll. Wipe your knife with a towel before each cut.
11. Arrange on a platter and serve with wasabi.