500g Pork Ribs (1.1 lb)
Green part of Long Green Onion
1 Small piece of Ginger Root
4 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Sake
1 tbsp Brown or Regular Sugar
Reduce the pork rib broth to 300ml (1¼ cups).
2 Large Eggs (65~70g / 2¼~2½ oz)
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Sake
1 tbsp Mirin
12cm White part of Long Green Onion (4¾ inches)
80g Spinach (2.8 oz)
Narutomaki - a type of Steamed Fish Cake
Menma - a condiment made from Fermented Bamboo Shoots
Toasted Nori Seaweed
1200ml Water (5.1 u.s. cups)
10g Niboshi - Dried Baby Sardines (0.35 oz)
10x5cm Dried Kombu Kelp (4x2 inches)
2 bags of Fresh Ramen Noodles
2 tsp Chicken Stock Powder
1) Cut the pork ribs in half.
2) Crush the ginger root with the side of the knife.
3) Sauté the pork in a small pot.
4) Flip the pork over and sauté each side until golden brown.
5) With the pair of the, squeeze the fat out of the pork and remove the fat with paper towel.
6) Pour water until it covers the pork.
7) Add the green part of spring onion and crushed ginger root.
8) Place a clear bowl onto the pork as a weight.
9) Bring to a boil on medium high heat and remove the foam with a mesh strainer.
10) Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 hours.
11) Occasionally add the hot water and make sure the meat is covered.
12) Pierce the pork with a bamboo skewer to check if it id completely cooked.
13) When cooked place the pork in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and cool the pork rib broth.
14) For making the seasoning for soft boiled eggs, combine the soy sauce, sake and mirin in a bowl and heat in a microwave for 30 seconds.
15) Put the seasoning in a small plastic bag.
16) Place the eggs in a pot and turn on the burner and boil them and after cool the eggs in a bowl of ice water.
17) Gently remove the egg shells in water to prevent braking.
18) Put the eggs in the bag of seasoning for few hours at room temperature.
19) Prepare the dashi stock and cut the spring onion and narutomaki for the topping.
20) Boil the spinach first and then cool in ice water. Cut the spinach into small pieces.
21) Remove the eggs from the seasoning bag and cut into half.
22) Boil the broth with the stock and add sugar.
23) Place the pork ribs in the broth and once heated turn off the burner. Allow to cool.
24) Then slice the pork into half inch slices and roast the pork before serving.
25) Boil the ramen noodles and place in the broth. Add the pork to it.
26) Top with the eggs, narutomaki, and the spring onion and serve.