1. Beat butter and sugar until creamy, add egg little by little and mix well.
2. Sift all purpose flour, baking powder and sugar into the butter/sugar/egg mixture and mix well.
3. Place the cookie dough on the plastic wrap and shape it into a log and wrap. Refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes until firm.
4. Preheat oven to 350F (180C) when you think you are ready.
5. Cut the hot dog bun into 12 pieces. *
6. Cut the cookie dough into 12 pieces and shape them into balls. *
7. One at a time, roll out the cookie dough between two layers of plastic wrap, place the bun in the center and enclose it in the cookie dough.
8. Roll in the granulated sugar and place on a greased cookie sheet about an inch apart. With a scraper or knife, score the cookie dough in a criss-cross pattern.
9. Bake at 350F (180C) for 10 minutes. (Depending on the heat of the oven, cooking time may differ, so please watch out.) All you want to do is coat the bread with the cookie topping, so you can make it as big as you want, or as small as you want
10. Serve at room temperature