1. Scoop out the seeds and microwave on medium (500W) for 3 minutes to make it easier to cut.
2. Cut the Kabocha (Japanese Squash) into large chunks and remove the skin. Place the chunks in a microwave-safe dish, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on medium (500w) for 5 minutes until tender.
3. Mash the Kabocha (Japanese Squash) using a fork. Then push through the mesh strainer to strain.
4. Put soy milk in a pan and dissolve kanten powder in. Put on medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring well. Turn down the heat a little bit so that it won't dry out and simmer (stirring frequently) for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Immediately, add the kanten mixture into mashed Kabocha (Japanese Squash) and mix well with spatula.
6. Pour the mixture into a square dish and cool in the fridge for about and hour to set.
7. Slice and serve with soy sauce and wasabi if you like.