Rice Haul For A Healthy Diet
1. Measure the Rice: Measure the rice with a measuring cup and put it into the cooking pot. Most of the time the measuring cup comes with your rice cooker!
2. Rinse the Rice: With cold water, wash the rice. As for 2 cups, wash 4 or 5 times. Water does not have to be clear but somewhat clean.
3. Add Water: Add water to the appropriate level indicated in the pot. If you have time, let the rice soak in the water at least 30 minutes.
4. Start the Cooker: Place the pot into the rice cooker. Cover it, and press the button to start.
5. Steam: When it's done, do not open and let it steam for about 15 minutes.
6. Toss: Using a rice paddle, toss the rice lightly.
7. Serve: You can keep the rice warmed until you unplug the rice cooker so serve when other dishes are ready.