Onion-Potato Miso Soup
1. Slice potato in half or quarter-rounds. Slice the onion. Cut bacon into thin strips.
2. In Nabe (large casserole), put the water, 1/2 tsp. dashi powder, sliced potato and onion, and bring to boil.
3. Skim the scum (foam), then cover and cook for about 7 minutes on low heat until potato is done.
4. Add bacon, dilute miso in 1/2 cup soup broth and add to the soup, and then add another 1/2 tsp. dashi powder to give a dashi flavor.
5. Add dried wakame seaweed and cook for about 3 minutes.
6. Serve immediately and enjoy!