Halloween Special Shrimp Tempura Udon
1) Shell shrimps (leave their tails), devein, and make incisions in their stomach side to straighten them. Then cut off the tip of the tail and remove the water inside to avoid splatters when frying.
2) Mix Nissin Tempura flour and the water very well.
3) Heat vegetable oil in a deep pan to 180~190C (340~350F). Lightly dip the shrimps in the batter and fry them immediately until golden and crisp.
4) Drain Tempura on a rack or a sheet of clean paper towel. (Do not fry too many at once.) Cool down until you can touch.
5) Boil Udon noodles as directed on package and drain well.
6) Spread cream cheese on Nori sheet.
7) Wrap shrimp Tempura with the Nori sheet. When Udon gets dry, it's gluten gets strong and sticky. In that instant, wrap Udon around the shrimp Tempura.
8) Cut out sliced cheese and Nori sheet to make their eyes.
9) Dilute 20cc Konbu Tsuyu with 40cc water (make as much as you want) and bring to a boil.
19) Pour the Konbu Tsuyu over the Shrimp Tempura Udon and enjoy!
You can eat as cold noodles like Zaru Udon (chilled Udon noodles), or microwave before you eat.