Japanese Stuffed Green Peppers
1) Cut the tops and the bottoms off the green peppers, and remove the seeds.
2) Mince the bottoms of the green peppers. Mince the onion.
3) Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté the minced onion and the green pepper until soft. Season with salt and cracked black pepper.
4) Add beef, bread crumbs and the spices in a bowl and mix well by hand until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
5) Spoon the mixture into the green peppers being sure to fill completely (in this way they stand upright when cooked and become tender) and cover with it's stem.
6) Place them in a deep pot, add a bit of water, cover and cook on medium-low for 10 minutes.
7) Add some cheese on top (if you like) and cover and cook for another few minutes.
8) When they are done let it cool for some time.
9) You can decorate the faces with nori seaweed, mayonnaise and ketchup. Serve and enjoy!
You can bake them at 200C (390F) for about 15 minutes but the cooking time may differ depending on the size of the peppers you use, so please watch out!