29 Feb 2012
Yum Yum.. what a great way to dish up comfort food.
|For the sauce|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Low sodium soy sauce/Tamari||2 Tablespoon|
|Rice wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Juice of lime||1⁄2|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed pepper||1 Dash|
|For the ramen noodle|
|Top ramen noodles||160 Gram|
|Shredded carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cucumber||1 , finely chopped|
|Herbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (basil, cilantro and mint)|
|Low sodium soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|For the chicken|
|Ground chicken/Ground beef||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned chestnut||2 Ounce|
|Scallion||3 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Ginger powder||1 Pinch|
|Ice berg lettuce leaves||4|
|Lime wedges||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Roasted peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
- For the sauce – in a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients. Set aside.
- For the ramen – in a pot, boil the ramen without the seasoning for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and toss well. Set aside.
- For the chicken – in a large skillet, brown the chicken and add in the remaining ingredients. Cook for a few minutes.
- In a lettuce leave, add in one portion of chicken, some sauce and ramen mixture. Garnish with peanuts and lime wedge. Serve and enjoy.
Preparation Time:10 Minutes
Cook Time:15 Minutes
Ready In:25 Minutes
Packet ramen noodles are just “plain blah” bland, flavorless and boring. Revamp this cheap college student food and bring ‘sexy’ back to the ramen noodles. Make an Asian inspired ramen noodle salad with carrots, scallions, cucumbers tossed with fresh cilantro mint and basil and dressed with a spicy-sweet dressing heaped into a lettuce bowl filled with chicken-chestnut salad! Not only a re-vamp of ramen noodles but a new twist to the classic lettuce wraps! A burst of flavors and contrasting textures!
Ramen Wrap Recipe Video