A Signature Bite - Mochiyaki
|Mochi||1 Medium, sliced into half lengthwise (1 Block of Mochi used)|
|For the sweet miso butter topping|
|Softened butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Dash|
|For the garnish|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon (as required)|
|Nori||1 Teaspoon, shredded (as required)|
|Sesame seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon (as needed)|
1. Take a block of mochi and slice it into half lengthwise. Each half should be a 1/4-inch thick.
2. Take a non-stick dry pan and heat it up to a medium heat and add the mochi slices and toast it. Flip sides frequently to make sure they toast evenly.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine softened butter, shiromiso, sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk together till you get a whipped butter icing consistency.
4. Assemble by laying the toasted mochi on a serving plate, topped with a generous serving of the sweet miso butter followed by a touch of soy sauce.
5. Finish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and shredded nori.
6. Serve fresh.
The mochi slices can be toasted under the broiler or a grill or even a waffle maker as an alternative to using a frying pan.
Calories 350 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.4%
Saturated Fat 14.7 g73.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61 mg20.3%
Sodium 269.7 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 3 g5.1%
Vitamin A 20.2% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 2% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet