Japanese Egg Custard Soup
|Cooked chicken/Diced peeled raw shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs), julienned|
|Water chestnuts||3 , diced|
|Mushrooms||6 , diced|
|Scallions||2 , chopped|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Beef stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Spinach leaves/Lettuce leaves||12|
1. Preheat the oven to 300° F.
2. In a bowl, mix chicken or shrimp, water chestnuts, mushrooms, scallions, and sherry together.
3. Divide the mixture evenly in 6 custard cups.
4. In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, salt, and stock.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the custard cups.
6. Top with spinach or lettuce leaves.
7. Place in a pan with 3 inches boiling water.
8. Cover the pan and then bake for about 30 minutes or until set.
9. Allow it to cool a bit and serve.
Calories 128 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.9%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 159.4 mg53.1%
Sodium 645 mg26.9%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.45 g1.8%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 13 g26.4%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet