Japanese Egg Custard Soup
|Cooked chicken/Diced peeled raw shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs), julienned|
|Water chestnuts||3 , diced|
|Mushrooms||6 , diced|
|Scallions||2 , chopped|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Beef stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Spinach leaves/Lettuce leaves||12|
1. Preheat the oven to 300° F.
2. In a bowl, mix chicken or shrimp, water chestnuts, mushrooms, scallions, and sherry together.
3. Divide the mixture evenly in 6 custard cups.
4. In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, salt, and stock.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the custard cups.
6. Top with spinach or lettuce leaves.
7. Place in a pan with 3 inches boiling water.
8. Cover the pan and then bake for about 30 minutes or until set.
9. Allow it to cool a bit and serve.