|Chuck steak fillet||1 1⁄2 Pound (1 no.)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweet potatoes||2 Medium, pared and thinly sliced|
|Green beans||1 Pound, tipped and cut in 1-inch pieces|
|Green pepper||1 Small, halved, seeded and cut into thin strips|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Small, halved, seeded and cut into thin strips|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chinese cabbage head||1 Small, shredded|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Pound, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces (1 bunch)|
|Mushrooms||4 Large, trimmed and sliced|
1) Trim the excess fat from the steak.
2) Cut the meat into very thin strips.
3) In a skillet, heat oil with a cover.
4) Add in the steak strips and saute for 2 to 3 minutes stirring occasionally, till brown.
5) Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
6) Add in the potatoes, green beans, green and red pepper and celery and saute for 2 to 3 minutes or till the vegetables begin to soften.
7) In a bowl, add soy sauce and water and mix well.
8) Pour over the vegetables and cover.
9) Allow to simmer for 5 minutes and stir in the shredded cabbage, green onions and mushrooms.
10) Place a lid and cook for 5 minutes longer, or till the cabbage wilts and vegetables are crisply tender.
11) Add the cooked steak strips back into the pan and heat till piping-hot.
12) Serve with hot cooked rice and more soy sauce, if desired.
For cut raw beef easily, partially freeze for 1 hour to firm.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2703 Calories from Fat 1475
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 166 g256%
Saturated Fat 49.6 g248.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 450 mg150%
Sodium 9178.3 mg382.4%
Total Carbohydrates 146 g48.6%
Dietary Fiber 45.2 g180.6%
Sugars 44.2 g
Protein 149 g298.7%
Vitamin A 1788% Vitamin C 1107.1%
Calcium 113.3% Iron 114.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet