A work colleague suggested I give the Soft Boiled Egg Tempura a try – basically a soft boiled egg (egg yolk is still runny) fried in a light tempura batter with a mild paprika kick. Surprisingly amazing, although it was a dangerous method to make them. If you have a deep fat fryer use that for sure – otherwise be even more careful! With that said though, enjoy it!
1. In a big saucepan boil water.
2. In a bowl add water and add some ice cubes into it.
3. Drop the eggs into boiling water and boil for 5 minutes.
4. Immediately transfer the eggs into icy water and keep it for 5 minutes.
5. In another mixing bowl break another egg ane whisk.
6. Seive the flour into the egg.
7. Stir the mixture to mix.
8. Heat a frying pan on low heat and pour oil on it. Heat at 180 degrees.
9. Remove the shells from the hard boiled egg.
10. Pour 150 mililitre of ice cold water into the egg and flour mixture.
11. Stir it up until mixed.
12. Sprinkle paprika into the mixture.
13. Dip the whole eggs into the batter and drop into the oil.
14. Brown the eggs on all sides for 3 minutes.
15. Put on kitchen towel to soak the grease.