Japanese Eggplant Parmesan
|Japanese eggplant||1 , 8-inch-long, sliced into 1-inch-thick medallions|
|Zucchini||1 , 8-inch-long, sliced into 1-inch-thick medallions|
|Olive oil||3 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mashed|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
|Plum tomatoes||5 (Reserve Juice)|
|Mozzarella cheese||6 Ounce, cut into thin slices|
|Basil/1 teaspoon dried basil||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a saucepan, over medium temperature heat 1 teaspoon oil and add garlic; brown on all sides.
3. Arrange the eggplant medallions into the pan; cook for about 5 minutes, turn and cook for another 2 more minutes, adding another teaspoon oil if needed.
4. In the saucepan, add another teaspoon oil and cook tomatoes and basil for about 6 minutes or until juice is nearly gone.
5. On a baking tray, arrange the eggplant with the garlic in alternating circles; if they don't fit, overlap them slightly.
6. Spoon a bit of tomato sauce on each eggplant covering each with a piece of mozzarella, generously sprinkle with Parmesan.
7. bake in 350°F for about 30 minutes until brown and bubbly.
8. Serve hot with toasted garlic bread.
Calories 266 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.9%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 43.2 mg14.4%
Sodium 507.8 mg21.2%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 17 g33.9%
Vitamin A 26.4% Vitamin C 32.5%
Calcium 41.6% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet